Beverage & Service Manager REPORTS TO:
Executive Chef DIRECT REPORTS:
FOH Service Staff
ABOUT CONESTOGA RANCH AND THE CAMPFIRE GRILL:
The Campfire Grill at Conestoga Ranch is located in one of the most gorgeous places in the United States. Find us within a few hours drive from amazing cities such as Salt Lake City, Utah, and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We are conveniently located on Highway 89, the scenic route to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park. Whether for lunch or a quick overnight stay, we are your perfect road trip stop on the way to so many locations!
The Beverage & Service Manager of Campfire Grill at Conestoga Ranch sets an example for the cultural and operational of all food and beverage outlets, events, and meal periods. This position oversees all Front of House dining periods and the Bar & Beverage program while fostering the growth of service and hospitality in all team members of the resort.
The Beverage & Service Manager is responsible for the leadership of hospitality-driven service and dining experiences for the guests of Conestoga Ranch and Campfire Grill, as well as the consistent preparation of beers, wines, and creative cocktails of the highest quality, presentation, and flavor for the dining rooms, banquets, and other food and beverage outlets. This position is additionally responsible for the timely and friendly operation of the service staff and manages areas of profit, ordering, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices, and training within the restaurant.
This position is Seasonal, starting in April and ending in October with room for additional opportunities and growth within the company, pending performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trains, develops, and motivates Front of House staff to meet and exceed established service standards on a consistent basis.
- Teaches preparation techniques and methods according to well-defined cocktail recipes, as well as follows up and discusses opportunities for improvement in F&B offerings.
- Displays exceptional leadership while providing a positive work environment for coaching and praising F&B team members as appropriate, as well as demonstrates a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Provides oversight and direction for all day-to-day operations in the restaurant and understands all F&B team member positions.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotel operational Standard and Management Policy.
- Schedules all FOH Staff to ensure proper scheduling across all departments to meet the forecasted needs of business and standards.
- Possesses a strong financial acumen tied to ordering, receiving, rotation, and inventory to ensure meeting cost goals for F&B outlets.
- Completes and submits a Bi-Weekly inventory of beverage products.
- Ensures all equipment in the bar and service areas are properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel standards.
- Maintains and trains FOH staff to meet ServSafe standards in sanitation, storage, hygiene, and food handling procedures.
- Reviews GSTS and RSTS comment cards for guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Positively interacts with all guests of the resort while proactively responding to and handling guest concerns and complaints.
- Prepares reporting necessary to meet weekly with Hotel and F&B management to review forecasts, budget, and planning.
- Performs additional requested duties as requested by the hotel management as and when required.
- Shares a common joy of hospitality and has fun at work every day.
Degree in Hospitality or similar educational experience.
Beverage Training and Education (Cicerone, Sommelier, Mixology).
5+ years in Beverage and Service Management including positions of FOH Manager, Bar Manager, Assistant General Manager.
3+ years in F&B Management in a resort or hotel setting with multiple outlets.